Thursday, November 16, 2023

DID THE TRASH CAN WALK ACROSS THE STREET?

         I watched the beginning unfold, but I never saw the end. I can only imagine, but that has given me a lot of fun.

        We recently visited family in Wichita. Overnight, we stayed in a vacant rental house owned by cousins. In the morning I opened a shade and pulled a chair up to a window. A board fence around the back yard obscured most of the view, but I could see the upper parts of the trash trucks.

        I was a bit astonished to observe the arm of a trash truck pick up a can, and lift it high in the air to dump the contents into the bed of the truck. With the arm still uplifted, the truck began to move. The driver made a U-turn and was headed in the opposite direction before setting the trash can at the curb on the other side of the street.

        It was time for us to leave. I couldn't stick around long enough to watch a befuddled homemaker appear at the curb and discover the trash can had walked across the street. More interesting this way. Not knowing what happened left me open to imagine a dozen different amusing scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be read before posting