Thursday, September 7, 2017

What Did I Win?

I was informed by the library that I have won a prize for participating in the summer reading program!


I can pick up my prize at the front desk of the library, but not until September 7, which is today. I won't know what I have won until I open the envelope, and even the library staff does not know what is inside.


Yesterday afternoon I drove past the library and noticed a sign that the parking lot would be closed at 6 pm because of Old Settlers Days. Library patrons -- the sign advised -- should use street parking or the parking garage across the street. Who are they kidding?


It's Old Settlers weekend. There will be no parking on downtown streets, it will be curb to curb venders. For blocks.


There is entertainment for everyone. https://www.facebook.com/JohnsonCountyOldSettlers/app/267091300008193/ A Johnson County tradition for over 100 years.


If you come, don't ask permission to park in my yard. (Unless you're willing to give me a ride to and back from the library so I can pick up my prize.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be read before posting