Wednesday, July 20, 2022

An Episodic Adventure

     Writing a book has been, for me at least, an episodic adventure. On scraps of paper.. Here and there.

    Joel Goldman, who wrote mysteries, maybe still does. advises to have a dead body on the first page. Then, when you are writing the middle of the book, and you get bogged down, throw in a few more dead bodies. 

    I haven't written mysteries, perhaps because I have a distaste for dead bodies, but I get equally bogged down. What I desperately need is a list of the persona. I had a list. It's somewhere in all the other scraps of notebooks, which all got bundled up into a single pile one night when a possible tornado was approaching and I took all my precious stuff that I could grab and carried down to a basement cabinet.

    Did I write my list of characters on a sheet of blue paper, or was it green? Or coral? No matter. I can find none of those colors anyway. Nor can I find the beginning. Ditto the list of chapters. Ah, me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be read before posting