Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Presidents In A Row

     I once set myself the goal of reading a book about each United States president in a row. Began, of course, with George Washington: Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, (a remarkable individual who at age 14 was carrying out diplomatic missions for the fledgling U.S.).

    Next in line was a book about Andrew Jackson, which was more a book about John Ross, who tried to negotiate on behalf of his fellow Cherokees. Jackson left the presidency a wealthy man, which cannot be said for several other former presidents. That left me at Martin Van Buren. I gave up when I couldn't find a book about Van Buren.

    Seems I'm back at it again, but not necessarily in order. Just finished Growing Up Biden, Joe, the only president whose political campaigns were run by a sister, Valerie Biden Owens. Biden's approval ratings are plummeting, but he continues to do what he has always done -- advocate for women.

    On my way this afternoon to the library to pick up Worst. President. Ever., by Robert Strauss. And on my waiting list is A Secret Life: The Sex, Lies, and Scandals of President ???????  Should be enlightening.A Secret Life, Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be read before posting