Thursday, January 16, 2020

A Search in Vain Rewarded

I once received, as a gift, laden with goodies, as I remember, a glass container with a tight seal lid. The canister would hold maybe three pints, was decorated with yellow daisies, and had an inner lid that was airtight. Found it exceedingly helpful for storing brown sugar. So helpful, in fact, that I went on a search for similar containers for keeping tea, baking powder, and other kitchen essentials that need to be kept securely dry.

Haunted the kitchen supply stores, but no one had anything similar. Some clerks didn't seem to understand the principle, so for a time I carried the canister with me. Finding no success, I quit looking. Until one day I walked into a craft store and found exactly what I was looking for -- in the candle-making department. I now have two more, about one-pint size, and when I need more, I know where to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be read before posting