Monday, January 6, 2020

Throwing Away the Sunglasses

I have made a most marvelous discovery the guys probably knew all along.

Some years back my son bought me an orange top-of-the-line Baker University jacket. Problem is, the black BakerU is hidden by the flap of the jacket. No one knows I'm a Baker grad.

Couple of weeks ago I decided to remedy that. Went to Baldwin City. Found the book store. Bought a bright orange lanyard, a pair of sweats with BAKER U running up the left leg (which I have yet to take to the seamstress to chop several inches off the bottom of the legs), and a Baker Wildcats baseball style hat. Wore the hat out of the store and into the car. And immediately discovered I was driving into the sun. Frantically began patting the empty passenger side seat to locate my sunglasses.

Which I really did not need. My eyes were relaxed, not wrinkled with my usual squinting. The brim on the front of the hat very effectively kept the sun out of my eyes. The street made a curve -- I reached up and tilted the hat slightly to my left. Might have looked a little daffy on my head, but, heck, while I was driving, who would have looked at me?

Wore the hat all the way home. Adjusted as needed when turning into the sun. Plan to keep a hat always in the car. The guys already knew this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be read before posting